|Art by @artologica in my living room|
I have been inspired by Michele at many meetings. And I have been inspired by her art with a science theme (see for example the posts listed below).
- My new microbe art corner w/ three works by @artologica
- Microbial & Evolution art by @artologica has whole new meaning now that I met her at @scio12
- Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' I chortled in my joy - I have received my Tree of Life art from @artologica
- So psyched. Got my new artwork from @artologica .... Even better than I imagined from web pics).
I have written a bit here and there about the mixing of science and art. See for example
- The human microbiome never looked so good
- Cool bacterial art makes gizmodo #MicrobialArt
- Microbial art for the holidays from the J. Craig Venter Institute
- Headline says it all "Opera singer grows algae on her face by feeding it w/ her breath & then the audience eats it"
- This is both crazy and completely brilliant: The Microbial Academy Of Sciences
- Art Meets Science at the Keck Center in DC
- Yes I like mixing science and art - but "DNA2Art" seems a bit, well, non artsy #visualiztion≠art
- More pics of hand painted poster from #synbio5
- More art & science - hand painted poster at Synthetic Biology #synbio5 - by Karmella Haynes
- Absolutely spectacular - glass microbes
- Nice Darwin Art at #UCDavis Evolution/Ecology Dept.
- More Airport Dinosaurs - Denver This Time
- Tree of Life Art
- Art-Science Fusion and Darwin's Face at Davis
- Germophobia: wanna get people in the mood for "Contagion" movie about killer virus - grow harmless microbes in public #microbialart
- Another week - another microbial art project
- Fun science art example: Jennifer Welsh on Zachary Copfer glowing microbe drawings
- Preparation Y: Michelle Ellsworth - Performance art mixing dance, genomics, evolution, humor, sex #brilliant
- Microbes, art, science all rolled into one - yum
But if you read one thing about science and art - read Michele's new post. Or, even better, start inviting artists to any science conference you have any role in.