Saturday, July 12, 2014

Is this a new form of #OpenAccess Spam - spammy blog comments pointing to Bentham

Well, this is very very weird and not sure what to make of it.  In the last week the filter that Google runs for Blogger Comments has picked up a slew of highly spammy comments coming from one account.  And all of the comments include a link to Bentham Science publishers - one of the annoying Spammy new publishers. See some of them below (note I have removed the links to Bentham but trust me, this went to a Bentham site).  Anyone else getting Spam comments pointing to Bentham?  


Jesica Mack has left a new comment on your post "Science SPAMMER of the month: OMICS publishing gro...":

For me it has been a surge of meeting welcomes, for the most part in China, having nothing to do with my examination: bentham science publishers.
-----
Jesica Mack has left a new comment on your post "I am highly skeptical of the CHORUS system propose...":

I don't see anything in this that seems particularly useful.Please click: bentham science publishers
-------
Jesica Mack has left a new comment on your post "Wow - Google Scholar "Updates" a big step forward ...":

Snap. I likewise found this advancement a couple of days prior and discovered one recommended paper of immediate pertinence.Please click:bentham science publishers

------
Jesica Mack has left a new comment on your post "ADVANCE Journal Club: Developing Graduate Students...":

This is very interesting I appreciate this effort.Please click:bentham science publishers

-----
Jesica Mack has left a new comment on your post "UCDavis IT and GMail think this "Open Journal of G...":

What's particularly annoying about all these SPAM journals is that they are training filters to ignore legitimate journal activity.Please Click:bentham science publishers



2 comments:

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...